A very different beverage that incorporates our love for tea. Click the image for more information on the recipe and the taste of the drink itself. I have yet to try it, but I’m already excited just reading about it and sifting through the beautiful images on the drink. Slushies are my favourite, and to have one made with tea sounds like the perfect match.
1 tsp green tea leaves
1 cup boiling water
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup ice (add more if you’d like a slushier taste)
1/4 cup boba (large pearl tapioca), cooked per package instructions and drained
1 blood orange, juice of
1 oz raspberry purée
1. Steep the tea leaves in the hot water for 3-4 minutes.
2. Strain the tea leaves out and stir a tablespoon of sugar into the hot tea.
3. When the tea is cooled, place in a blender with 1/2 cup ice. Blend until slushy.
4. Place the boba in a tall glass and pour in the slush tea.
5. Pour the blood orange juice and raspberry puree into the glass and stir until blended.
The post tea recipe; blood orange green tea slushie appeared first on The Cup of Life.