It’s always a fun experiment when baking or cooking with tea. I think it might easily be my new favourite thing. The recipe I am sharing with you today kind of resembles a shortbread type cookie. I think they are most perfect when they are fresh out of the oven or quite a treat to dunk in your cuppa. Another plus from this recipe is that your kitchen will smell heavenly for a while. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Earl Grey Tea Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup butter
- Dark chocolate chips or Cacao Nibs
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the tea lease are fine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the mixture. Blend together until a dough is formed and then fold in your chocolate chips. I used about a handful, as I didn't want too much because the earl grey is the star of this recipe.
- Form the dough into a log onto parchment paper. Wrap the parchment paper around the dough and roll the log smooth.
- Cool the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the cooling process is nearing complete, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When chilled, slice the log into 1/3 inch pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the slice on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool and serve (with more tea, of course!)
The Cup of Life https://theteacupoflife.com/
*If you give this recipe a try, send me a photo of your creation on my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! I would love to hear your thoughts
The post Dark Chocolate Earl Grey Cookies Recipe appeared first on The Cup of Life.