Sometimes when the weather starts to drop and so does my motivation to work, all I can think of doing at the time is baking. Of course, when I get creative in the kitchen I need to find a way to make tea involved. You may remember when I reviewed a tea from Shanghai Cha last year. Their Anji Mountain White tea quickly became a 2014 favourite and I was excited when they shared a recipe with me that featured the tea.
Banana Chocolate Shanghai Cha Tea Muffin
- 1/2 cup Shanghai Cha brewed white tea
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium ripped banana fully mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the centre.
- Brew one tablespoon white tea in 1 cup of hot water for 3-4 minutes. Strain out the leaves and let the liquid cool to room temperature before mixing it with the wet ingredients.
- Line 24 regular sized muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients, including the room temperature tea.
- Slowing add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and mix until they are combined evenly.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups filling them about 4/5 of the way.
- Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool on a wire rack.
The Cup of Life https://theteacupoflife.com/
Want to create this recipe from Shanghai Cha? Feel free to download and print out the recipe card from them below!
The post Banana Chocolate Shanghai Cha Tea Muffin Recipe appeared first on The Cup of Life.